Friday 14 September 2012

Sisterly Sisterhood in Quotes, Loving Words, Photos, and Gifts



Sisters are special. Sisters are friends. They laugh at jokes that no one else really understands. Sisters share memories of smiles and tears. They share the same parents, pets, and silliness. They share the holidays.

I LOVE MY SISTER!

Sisters walk together through life, through death, through common bonds and sad farewells. They become aunts and great aunts to each others children and grandchildren. They watch each other grow older, struggle, and succeed.

There is no other relationship in the world quite like the one shared by sisters.

Often we go too long without telling those we love what they mean to us. Time flies, it seems too mushy, or we just forget. We find our own lives cluttered with more 'important' issues, we move away, or we work too hard and become too tired.

My sister and I were raised by our mother and father to honor each other, to enjoy each other, and to be there for each other. We grew up as sisters...and as dear friends. Our parents were good examples, keeping in touch with their own siblings, laughing with them, gathering with them, and supporting them through thick and thin.

I dedicate this page to my one and only sister - my older sister - my forever friend.


I wish to acknowledge to the world what a wonderful, caring, loving and self-sacrificing and endearing woman she is. She has always been there for me, in good times, great times, sad times, and devastating times. She is my angel on earth, the silver lining around my clouds, and she is, with no embellishment needed, the very best sister with which one could ever hope to be blessed.

I hope this page is an inspiration to many; that they might grow closer to a sibling, renew a childhood friendship gone astray, or even just take some pictures with a brother, sister, or the whole family.

We are so lucky to have each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment